What is Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS
The Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® is a group with over 1,000 real estate agents and 160 other related members. It’s part of two prominent national and state real estate groups in the U.S.
This group helps real estate professionals by giving them tools and services to help people buy and sell property. They also run a charity called the “Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® Home Foundation.”
Since 1966, this association has covered a big area in Southwest Florida, including important shopping centers like Coconut Point and Gulf Coast Town Center. They focus on building robust and friendly business relationships in their community.
The areas of Bonita Springs and Estero are growing fast, with lots of new homes and shops being built. It means good business opportunities for real estate companies and agents. The group also offers ongoing education for its members to help them grow professionally.
Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® is not itself a Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Instead, it is a real estate trade association representing real estate professionals in the Bonita Springs and Estero areas of Southwest Florida.
This association is affiliated with the Matrix-SWFLAMLS, as indicated by their website, which provides a login option for this MLS system. The Southwest Florida MLS (Matrix-SWFLAMLS) is a comprehensive database used by real estate professionals in the region for listing and accessing property information.
Please note that you can get access to a RESO API (used for building websites and applications) via https://bridgedataoutput.com/
This affiliation allows members of the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® to access a wide range of real estate listings and data, facilitating their work in the real estate market.
What area does Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS cover
The Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS covers approximately 108 square miles in Southwest Florida. This region extends from the Lee/Collier county line in the south to Alico Road in the north and Estero Bay in the west to the Everglades in the east.
This area covers the city of Bonita Springs, and parts of Lee County called Estero, which are not part of any city. This region is notable for its significant commercial and residential development, making it a key area for real estate activities in Southwest Florida.
How to join Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS?
To join the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS®, you need to follow these steps:
- License Activation: Ensure your broker has activated your license with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) before applying.
- Application Completion: Complete all required fields in the application form. If you’ve been a member of the National Association of REALTORS® in Florida or another state, you’ll have an NRDS number, which you should include to avoid duplicate IDs.
- Broker’s Signature: Your application must be signed by your broker when submitted.
- Submission of Application: Applications can be submitted electronically, completed on their website, or dropped off at the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® office.
- Payment of Dues: Payment is required at the time of application. Dues are pro-rated based on the month of joining and are billed annually. It includes National, State, and Local dues, billed on a calendar year, and MLS dues, billed on a fiscal year starting July 1.
- Application for Board and MLS: Complete both a board application and an MLS application, as you need both services when joining a brokerage. MLS logins are individual and cannot be shared.
- Time Limit for Joining: You must join a board within two weeks after activating your license with a brokerage.
- Orientation and Ethics Requirement: New Member Orientation and a Code of Ethics course are required within 90 days of application. The course is mandatory for new agents or agents transferring from a non-local board.
- Mandatory Matrix (MLS) Training: This training is required within 30 days of application.
- Broker’s Responsibility: The broker is responsible for notifying the board of any agent changes by submitting a RE-11 form to the DBPR.
- Changes in Brokerage Affiliation: If you change to a brokerage, not a member of the BER board or MLS, you’ll need to pay to join the board they are affiliated with. Dues and fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, but State and National dues do transfer.
- Accessing Supra: To access Supra, a key management system, you can sign up in the membership office or by phone. There is a one-time activation fee and a monthly charge.
Please get in touch with the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS® office directly for any specific inquiries or further assistance with the application process.
How to create a website with Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS listings?
The most straightforward solution to creating a website with Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS listings is using WordPress, one of the professional real estate themes recommended ( like the WPResidence theme), and MLS Import.
Here’s a general guide to help you get started:
Set Up Your WordPress Site
Hosting and Domain: Choose a hosting provider and purchase a domain name for your website.
Install WordPress: Install WordPress CMS on your hosting account. Most hosting providers offer easy installation options for WordPress.
Install the WPResidence Theme
Purchase and Download: Buy the WPResidence theme from an authorized marketplace or the official website.
Theme Installation: Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New in your WordPress dashboard, then upload and activate the WPResidence theme.
Configure WPResidence Theme
Basic Setup: Customize the theme according to your preferences, including layout, colors, and branding.
Property Listings Setup: Configure the settings for property listings, ensuring they align with how you want to display Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS listings.
Integrate MLS Import
Install MLS Import Plugin: Signuo and install the MLS Import plugin. This IDX plugin allows you to import listings from an MLS database.
MLS API Credentials: You’ll need API credentials to access the MLS data. The MLS provider usually provides these (in your case, the MLS affiliated with Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS), but you could also request those via the https://bridgedataoutput.com/ interface.
Configure MLS Import: Set up the MLS Import plugin with your API credentials to import listings from the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS MLS.
Schedule Imports: You can schedule regular imports to keep your website listings current.
Optimize and Launch
SEO Optimization: Use plugins like Yoast Seo on your website to improve search engine visibility.
Test Your Website: Before launching, thoroughly test the website functionality, especially the import and display features of listings.
Launch: Once everything is set up and tested, launch your website.
Regular Updates: Keep WordPress, the WPResidence theme, and plugins updated for security and performance.
Monitor Listings: Regularly ensure MLS listings are importing correctly and displaying as intended.
Compliance with MLS Rules: Ensure that your use of IDX and MLS data complies with the rules and regulations set by the MLS provider.
Legal Requirements: Check the legal requirements for your jurisdiction’s real estate listings and websites.
This guide provides a general overview. Specific details, especially regarding MLS integration and compliance, will depend on the Bonita Springs-Estero REALTORS MLS policies. If you’re new to WordPress or website development, consider consulting a professional web developer.
Table of Contents