Real estate can be a great career choice if you’re highly dynamic and outgoing. If you’re interested to learn about the real estate license cost in Florida, be aware that you need to be at least 18 years old, and you must have a valid social security number. The next step is to sign up for a pre-licensing course. Once that is done, you will be able to take the official licensing test. Once you pass, you can work for a real estate broker.
Your real estate license will require periodical renewal and you will more than likely participate in different post-license courses, but that’s just part of the job.
Getting a Real Estate License in Florida – Steps & Costs
Let’s take a closer look at the steps, costs, and requirements associated with becoming a real estate agent in Florida:
- Earn your high school diploma
- Take the course of the pre-license sale
- Submit an online application
- Get a background check & electronic fingerprinting
- Pass the licensing exam with at least a 75% grade
- Take the post-licensing course
- Renew your license every two years
Florida Real Estate License Cost
Now that we have the steps covered, let’s get down to the costs. The Real Estate Licensing exam will set you back $36.75 in Florida. Once you pass the exam, you will have to pay another $83.75 for the license itself. The pre-licensing course will be somewhat more expensive, with an average of $450 per course.
The post-licensing course will cost a bit more, but that is only needed if you want to become a real estate broker. That being said, the total cost of getting your real estate license in Florida is currently around $570.
Real Estate Associate Legal Process in Florida
In Florida, the same as in other states, there is a specific legal course of action to become an active associate (before upgrading to Real Estate Broker or a Real Estate School Instructor)
These rules are:
- Pass the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) (this consists of a 63-hour pre-licensing classroom course) and the license stays valid for 2 years.
- Once you pass the exam, submit an application (and the fees). At this stage, you will submit your fingerprints as well.
- Complete the state Real Estate Sales Associate Examination
- Only at this moment, you can Activate your License, which you do by submitting the DBPR RE 11-Become Active – Sales Associate or Broker Sales Associate Form OR
with your license number get a broker to activate the sales associate from the broker’s account
- Beware that before your sales associate license expires, you must complete the FREC-approve post-licensing course for a sales associate (a 45-hour course)
Florida Real Estate University – https://floridarealestateuniversity.com/
My Florida License Regulation Center & Applications – https://www.myfloridalicense.com/
Miami Realtors – https://www.miamirealtors.com/
State of Florida latest legal requirements – https://www.stateofflorida.com/real-estate-education/
Once your license is active and you are are a real estate agent looking to start your business, check MLSImport.com to get your Real Estate website with Florida MLS listings quickly.